This notice sets out how Ravenscroft will process your personal information (as a Data Controller).
In providing the Services, Ravenscroft is obligated and/or permitted by law to retain copies of certain Personal Data in respect of its relationship with you and/or in order to provide the Services to you.
Ravenscroft is registered under local Data Protection Law and may retain your Personal Data collected from you in electronic, paper or other filing systems.
Your personal information may be disclosed to other companies within the Ravenscroft Group in order to facilitate the provision of the Services. When processing your Personal Data there will be times where Ravenscroft acts in the capacity of a data controller (as defined under applicable Data Protection Law).
Please note that the following terms set out below will apply to the way in which Ravenscroft processes your Personal Data when acting as a data controller.
Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing
Ravenscroft may process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Ravenscroft will itself (or through a third party e.g. credit reference agency) process certain information about you or your directors, officers and employees and your beneficial owners (if applicable) in order to carry out credit checks and anti-money laundering checks and related actions which Ravenscroft considers appropriate to meet any legal obligations imposed on Ravenscroft relating to the prevention of fraud, money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery, corruption, tax evasion and to prevent the provision of financial and other services to persons who may be subject to economic or trade sanctions, on an on-going basis, in accordance with Ravenscroft's anti-money laundering procedures;
- to provide the Services to you and/or for Ravenscroft's internal administration;
- to monitor and record calls and electronic communications for investigation and fraud prevention purposes, for crime detection, prevention, investigation and prosecution, and to enforce or defend Ravenscroft and its affiliates' rights, itself or through third parties to whom it delegates such responsibilities or rights in order to comply with a legal obligation imposed on Ravenscroft; and
- to monitor and record calls for quality, business analysis, training and related purposes in order to pursue the legitimate interests of Ravenscroft to improve its service delivery,
and which are necessary to comply with a legal obligation and/or which are necessary for Ravenscroft's legitimate interests indicated above.
Recipients of data and international transfer of data
Ravenscroft may disclose your personal information as follows:
- to credit reference agencies (e.g. Experian) in order to carry out money laundering, credit and identity checks and comply with legal obligations;
- to third party vendors in order to process the data for the above mentioned purposes, such as IT providers, brokers and dealers;
- to competent authorities, courts and bodies as required by law or requested or to affiliates for internal investigations and reporting; and
- to Ravenscroft's affiliates in order to share your Personal Data for hosting and future investments or Services.
The disclosure of personal information to the third parties set out above may involve the transfer of data to the United States of America and other jurisdictions outside the EEA. Such countries may not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
Ravenscroft will not transfer Personal Data to persons located outside the EEA until, if required by applicable Data Protection Law, that person has entered into an agreement with Ravenscroft that includes the standard contractual clauses (known as model contract clauses) that are recognised by the European Commission as offering adequate safeguards in relation to data protection.
Your Personal Data is only processed in accordance with applicable Data Protection Laws and in order to maintain an appropriate level of protection over that Personal Data. Please contact Ravenscroft’s Data Protection Officer for further details, including copies of the standard contractual clauses referred to above (see further contact details below).
Ravenscroft will retain your personal information for five years or any longer term required for it and its Affiliates to perform the Services and/or as required by Data Protection or other applicable law.
Data Subject Rights
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances, in relation to your Personal Data:
- right to access your Personal Data;
- right to rectify your Personal Data;
- right to restrict the use of your Personal Data;
- right to request that your Personal Data is erased; and
- right to object to processing of your Personal Data.
Where you have provided your consent to processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Ravenscroft by writing to our Data Protection Officer stating that you withdraw your consent.
Where Ravenscroft requires your Personal Data to comply with KYC or other legal requirements, failure to provide this information means Ravenscroft may not be able to provide the Services.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority.
Data Protection Officer – contact details
If you have any questions about our use of your Personal Data, please contact the Data Protection Officer, Jade Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at Ravenscroft Limited, PO Box 222, Level 5, The Market Buildings, Fountain Street, St. Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 4JG, or on +44 (0) 1481 729100.
Ravenscroft may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 17th May 2016.
2. What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
3. What We Do With The Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
These are the types of cookies Ravenscroft uses and the purpose they serve:
Used to distinguish users
No personal information. Browsing statistics.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
6. Links To Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
7. Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2001 as amended. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
PO Box 222,
The Market Buildings,
St. Peter Port,
Guernsey, GY1 4JG
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.